Sunday, April 19, 2009

In flight











When asked to provide a picture of something in flight, I knew what picture I would use. It is a bald eagle! We saw quite a few of them last summer on our tip in Alaska and this particular eagle was soaring around looking for food. Yep, babies in the nest! So, I'm posting an extra picture of the eagle sitting in the nest. The picture was taken through a telescope. It was all from Icy Strait Point and the town of Hoonah, Alaska. We saw our first bears here and were actually a little to close for comfort without protection around us. The way of life there in the winter is like something from way to far back for me to remember. Food ( all the beef) has to be flown or floated in and is very expensive for the residents.

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! Bald Eagles never cease to amaze me and the one of him in the nest is incredible. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leslie :)

    Wow! I bet that eagle was something to see! I have always wanted to see one. Wonderful choice for the challenge!

    -Carly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love bald eagles, and these pictures are so very perfect! Great captures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eagles are so magestic...we see them around our house! Nice job..

    Nancy
    http://nancyluvspix.blogspot.com/2009/04/in-flight.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Majestic photo. Thanks for including the one in the nest, too!

    ReplyDelete