Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Thoughts


When Mike and I visited Ireland in the fall of 2007, we climbed the side of a hill by the water to see buildings from many, many years ago. There we found what is in the picture on the left. I was amazed. So, of course, we did not bother the cross, but I think of it often. If you could see the "houses" people lived in so long ago and to see the faith they had in God and how they expressed it is amazing! I think of our modern inventions today (cell phones, microwaves, etc.) and wonder what we would do without all these things. (I know, many of us are old enough that we have done without them).
I thought of this picture during the day today at work and knew I would share it when I got home.
A wonderful, shining example of a Christian man and a member of our church lost his short battle with cancer last night. Our thoughts and prayers (and hopefully yours) will be with the Grass family.

No comments:

Post a Comment